51) If letting our light shine is good works, which earns our eternal rewards or crowns, what is the light that we show before men?
Proverbs 6:23 “For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:”
52) Who is the best example of how to walk in the light, God’s commandments and law, our way of life?
John 8:12 “Then spoke Yeshua again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”
53) Why did Yeshua consider Himself to be the light?
John 1:14 “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, and the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
54) If Christ is the Word of God, can the Word of God change?
Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ (Yeshua the Messiah) is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”
55) Should we walk as Yeshua walked and follow the Word as Yeshua followed the Word?
1 John 2:6 “He that says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked.”
56) How do we perfect our faith?
James 2:21-24 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac, his son, upon the altar? See how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? You see, then, how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
57) How did Yeshua learn obedience?
Hebrews 5:8-9 He (Yeshua) learned obedience by the things which He suffered. And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.
58) What is the relationship between faith and works?
James 2:17, 26 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. ... For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
59) So how do we show (evidence) of our faith (things not seen)?
James 2:18 “But someone will say, ‘You have faith, and I have works.’ Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.”
60) Is it possible for works to please God without faith?
Hebrews 11:6 “But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.”